Thursday, November 8, 2007

"Just-a-workin!"

Since the first of August, the husband and I have been heavily involved in the kid's school. The husband is the Athletic Director along with coaching the Girls Varsity & JV basketball team. I am on the board of the school's PTO, as well as keeping up with getting the kids to their various activities, which are too many to name. So I cherish my mornings at home. I spend these morning hours cleaning house, handling school email, organizing for upcoming school projects and much more. Today I headed out to the mail box around noon to check the mail. As I was standing at the mailbox, I heard what I thought was a "creaking" sound coming from the near by pecan tree in our front yard. I walked up closer and notice just what the creaking was. It was a wood pecker, and he or she was working really hard pecking in and around a hole in the limb. I stood there for several minutes watching this beautiful bird work very methodical and deliberate. I could definitely relate. I mean, this bird never took a break. It seemed to ignore the fact that I was in the vacinity. So, I decided to take a picture of this precious bird. I knew the Mee Ma would love to see this bird. So tell me Mee Ma, what kind of woodpecker is this, and doesn't it just remind you a bit of your oldest daughter who's always...."just a workin!"

1 Comments:

At November 8, 2007 at 3:01 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

I wish I had a camera that would take pictures like that but the other criteria is that the camera can't be heavy.

I love your blog and the glory that you give to God for his creations. It is so uplifting to read and I always seem to read them when I need some uplifting.

Love ya, Girl. We will see you in 9 days!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home