Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pumpkins no more :-(



Today is Halloween. The last day of October. I don't quite know what the deal is with me. I guess it's the fact that I'm 45 years old, and for whatever reason, my feelings are "tender" these days!! This is the first October, since the birth of my oldest child, that we have not carved a pumpkin, or gone to the pumpkin patch to buy pumpkins and play. It's also the week of our local county fair. This year, the fair rates higher than trick or treating. It's ok I guess, I knew the day would come, I just didn't expect to feel sad about it. The twins explained to me a few weeks ago, that they were too big to go trick or treating. They first stated that they wanted to stay home and give outcandy to the children. That was until they took note that the fair was here. So, tonight is family night at the fair. The sweet MeeMa always sends the kids candy money for Halloween. The twin boy states he will honor MeeMa by spending his money at the game booths!!! Soooo the husband and I will take our three little goblins, and head to the fair, where they will join up with other friends, ride thrilling rides, and stuff themselves with that good ole fair food. It'll be fun, I'm sure. I just miss my pumpkin....

On another note, soccer is winding down. We have one more game left. I have to post another picture of the twin girl. She is just amazing on the field. You have to understand, this is the child that loves to spend her time reading, writing stories and watching animal planet. Sports is really not her thing, but put her on the soccer field and she becomes the captain of that ship! So here's another photo I captured of her this week, "taking control!" Happy Halloween!








1 Comments:

At October 31, 2007 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

Hey Girl!!,,

You can all still make pumpkin cookies - the kind that you buy already shaped and just put on the cookie sheet. Should take all of 20 minutes. Take lots of pictures and then you have a "pumpkin" moment. I guess since my two girls didn't decide to trick or treat until 10 and 7 they are still into it. Rachael will be an injured soccer player and Elizabeth is going as a gangster or something. And then the new little one is going to be a lady bug.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home