Tuesday, October 2, 2007

GrandMartha, I wish you were here...

I have a love for English. It was my favorite subject in school. I could spend hours, tucked away on some far remote island reading scripture, novels and writing short stories and poems. I think this was passed on to me from my paternal grandmother, Martha. Grandmartha taught high school english. She knew I loved to read. She bought me books, read to me, shared her writings etc. I still have some of the books she passed on to me. Grandmartha was a lover of books and correct grammer. I thought of her this evening as I was helping my oldest with her English homework. She was reviewing simple, complex, compound, compound complex sentence structure. That... I did not love! I wish Grandmartha were here to help me explain it. I can picture her sitting at my table, hovering over my oldest, calling her "dear" and delicately but precisely explaining sentence structure to her. I'm sure she would have had more patience than me! Grandmartha, I hope I'm doing ok, explaining this to your great granddaughter!

On another note, The Kitty Cat is sick and in the "hospital." Apparently she has some liver issues that is caused by a parasite or something. She ran fever for several days, and did not eat, so I took her to the vet. She got a shot of antibiotics and some fluids. The girl twin was very concerned and upset. She is so tender hearted when it comes to animals. We visited the cat at the vet today. She is much better, fever is almost gone but she isn't eating. She perked up and snuggled against us, begging with her eyes to "get out!" Hopefully she will come home tomorrow, feeling better and having a better appreciation for her caregiver...me :-)

1 Comments:

At October 2, 2007 at 7:42 PM , Blogger SMS said...

oh sick pet babies are the worst! I feel your pain favorite aunt and twin girl!! hope the kitty feels better soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home