Monday, March 10, 2008

March Madness....

The gymnasts and her best friend in the Arch

another pic in the Arch

Bush Stadium, had to take this one for the boy,
taken from top of the Arch.

Who ever coined the phrase, March Maddnesssss definitely knew what they were talking about! It's only March the 10th and it feels like it's March 30th. The past couple of weeks I have been traveling with the gymnast to some out of town meets. We spent several days in Charleston SC, and then this past weekend, we did St. Louis Missouri! The midwest was a blast, I mean a BLAST of severe cold. I've been to Chicago in February, New York and Pennsylvania in January and I thought I had experienced cold...this was different! I don't know how people survive in that. Anyway, we had such a fun time, we did the Gateway Arch and the City Museam. Not to mention we stayed at a 4 star hotel (courtesy of priceline!) in Union Station. The gymnast did very well at her meet, picking up a 3rd place on Vault and a 4th place on Floor! I have really enjoyed my time with my eldest lately. Won't be too long til she's grown and gone :(


Twin boy has started baseball practice. He had his first scrimmage game tonight. He'll be playing 2nd base and catcher. Right off the bat the threw the first batter out at 1st base, then next caught a line drive...right in the mouth! Busted his lip, no tooth damage, but bled all over his shirt. Wiped him up and he stayed in the game... I love baseball season, sitting in the sun, eating sunflower seeds and yelling for my boy! Twin girl has also started spring soccer practice... she's a menace on the field...can't wait to watch her too!

One more side note: My most precious nephew and his wife are expecting twins!!! He is our first born nephew on my side of the family. I practically helped raise him the first 3 years of his life, as I went to college in the town he was born in. He and his sweet as pie wife currently life in New York.... too far away. The day I found out and called him, he was walking home from the laundry mat... we screamed, laughed and cried together. I am so proud of him and the wonderful young man he has become. He has a heart for our dear Lord and he is a fantastic husband. He will be a precious loving father, I have no doubt! I can hardly wait for the birth of my new babies!!!

1 Comments:

At March 12, 2008 at 7:24 AM , Blogger SMS said...

Thanks, favorite aunt :) Also... YAY you are back!!!!! We missed your updates!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home